Friday, April 07, 2006

I call this the first class rant. Modeled after the hierarchical idea of classes.

I really despise the idea of first, second (middle), third class and so on ad infinitum. With that said, I found the class structure on my areoplane flight to be quite disturbing. Firstly, the “upper echelon,” were seated first and provided with a beverage and any other accoutrements. The space provided for these blokes was massive compared to the other two cabins. In fact, the 1st class chair can fold out into a bed! Next was the business class; much more roomier than the economy class, and each station was proved with an outlet for a laptop. Also, both first and second classes had individual televisions with a choice of movies from a catalogue. I understand that these folks paid more for these seats, but I still despise the idea of favouritism and preferability.

Now onto the real rant. Food!

I will now give you the run down of what the meal arrangement was on this 10 hr flight across the Pacific Ocean. 1. Bag o’ Pretzels and a choice beverage. 2. Lunch: Chicken of Beef? A mini chocolate cake, a salad with slices of what looked like American cheese, a packaged dinner roll, a little, lunchbox apple sauce modeled, spring water (you know, a plastic container, with a foil covering.) and a fruit dish. By now, I was disturbed by the meal, but not by the quantity. 3. A bag of Ruffles, a little lemon cookie, and a bag of jelly-bellies. 4. Pasta or Beef with noodles? Are you serious, or are you fucking kidding me? Another whole meal? All of the folks surrounding me ordered the pasta, which was stuffed shells, a fruit dish, another little spring water, and a Knottsberry Farm cookie. I was flabbergasted, and all these passengers accepted them with glee; every single meal! No one even fancied the idea of declining a meal/snack, and I’m assuming no one recognised the unbelievable excess packaging. Ugh, what a disgusting revelation. But I once would have overlooked this all too. The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home